Sunday, August 21, 2011

Floyd

 Last night a friend, my wife, and I went down town to Summer on Trade in Winston to watch my wife's brother play in his band. As we were standing around I saw an homeless guy standing by him self watching the band play. Then I started noticing how people were walking around him so he wouldnt bother them. So I walked over to him and started talking to him. I introduced myself and reached out my hand for a handshake, and he ignore me. He acted like he was shocked that someone stopped to talk to him.  He realized I was talking to him because i repeated myself  and he reached his hand out and introduced himself to me. So as we were talking I asked him if he had a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. He looked at me as honest I have ever seen anyone and he was like kinda of but not really. So I started talking to him and I told him I would be praying for him. He got a huge smile on his face and said Thank you. Then he grabbed his belongings which were two plastic grocery bags. I know most of us couldnt fit what we have in our cars into two grocery bags especially all that we have and I know I couldnt. So I reached in my pocket and handed him money that I had. He was so excited about how much I gave him. So as I am sitting here thinking of Floyd and how much of a blessing he was on my life lets lift him up to God that he will put more people in his life that will witness to him and maybe lead him to christ. Where ever you are at today Floyd I love you and most of all God loves you.

No comments:

Post a Comment